Search This Blog

01 March 2010

Envisioning God

She's got the whole world in her hands.
In the year of the great earthquakes, I saw the earth, high and lifted up, resting on the palms of God.
I saw the hands of God, many armed, each hand framing, supporting, blessing this fragile, tearing, earth island. Our Mother is a fierce Protectrix.
I saw myself curled and resting in her hand, on foot dangling from her fingers, swinging over the edge of the abyss. I was safely unaware of anything outside of her hand.
I looked and saw other souls safe in her embrace: on her forearm, shoulder and lap. Where first I saw one, I saw a thousand and then a number without counting. A world of people, kept safe in the divine embrace. 
And I went back to sleep.
May that peace envelope all the homeless, frightened, shaken souls crying out in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment