Search This Blog

31 March 2011

Failing at Lent

Is it possible to fail at observing Lent? When I'm feeling particularly theologically astute I think that my struggles with Lenten disciplines are reminders of my humanity and the frailty of my incarnation. Today I just feel like a failure. I'm doing well with my added spiritual disciplines. But my sacrificial disciplines are a mess. And the contentment I feel in the former does not compare to the angst I feel for the latter. I am trying to have a holy Lent. Right now it feels wholly holey. And so do I.

2 comments:

  1. I almost always feel that way at this point in Lent. I think I feel better this year because I decided to make meaningful worship my discipline, and to turn everything else in that direction. For once,I have a discipline I can stick to...

    ReplyDelete